Bought Jira Software, which worked until...

IT Management January 16, 2018

...until the Jira Core expired (trial license that apparently installed alongside the Jira Software license).  I really didn't even know that "Core" had installed alongside my regular Jira Software...but there it is.

JiraWarning.JPG

What gives?  I don't really care all that much about Jira Core right now, but it is blocking me from using my regular Jira installation.

LicenseWindow.JPG

What's up here?  I thought "Jira Software" was a superset of Core + other, and that it was licensed on its own?

Thanks - 

T

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

Hy @IT Management

You need the 2 separate licenses. 

Jira Core could work without the Jira Software not the other way around. 

Cheers 

Pedro

IT Management January 16, 2018

Thanks for the heads-up.  Seems a bit nonsensical to separate those out to two licenses, but I can deal with a "wtf" moment here and there ).  

T

Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

If you don't need the Scrum and Kanban boards yo don't need the Jira Softweare license 

Suggest an answer