Board filter affected by Custom Field with multiple context

David Whitlock April 30, 2024

Hello, I have a board filter that queries against a custom field and it shows all issues in backlog. We recently updated the custom field and separated out different projects by context and values that pertain to the project. Since we created these new context, my board filter no longer shows anything in the backlog. When I copy the same jql from the board filter in the issue search page, I get all issues. Why will adding different context cause an issue? How can I go about fixing the board filter?

2 answers

0 votes
Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2024

Instead of copying the JQL from the filter in an issue search, what happens if you click on the link to Edit (or View) the filter query?

It doesn't feel like this should be an indexing problem (since the issue search works), but did you do a re-index after creating the new contexts?

0 votes
Varsha Patil April 30, 2024

Go to board , Configure board (three dots on right top)

Select columns

Check : Map statuses to columns

1. Ensure all statuses are mapped to columns, you will find number of issues probably same as query result in column unassigned statuses. Drag them to respective columns(mostly under "To do").

All of them should appear on backlog.

David Whitlock May 1, 2024

Thanks for the feedback. I did verify that all statuses are mapped. and there are no unmapped status.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events