Bitbucket not proposed when configuring OnDemand instance

Frédéric Tardieu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2014

Hi all,

I'd like to use a Bitbucket with my JIRA OnDemand instance, but when I go to https://my.atlassian.com/ondemand/... to configure my instance, Bitbucket is not listed as a product to add...

Does this mean I have to sign up to Bitbucket, independantly of OnDemand?

Thanks and cheers,

F.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2014

You can no longer automatically integrate an existing JIRA OnDemand account with an existing Bitbucket account. I've updated our documentation with corrected instructions on how to accomplish this manually. In the end, you will need to setup Bitbucket independent of OnDemand.

Frédéric Tardieu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2014

Thanks Marcus,

It's clear now!

Fred

0 votes
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2014

Yessir. In Atlassian's documentation, they do point out this is a service independent of OnDemand: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Getting+started+with+Bitbucket+and+OnDemand

Frédéric Tardieu
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2014

OK, but was puzzled by what's written in this document "add the bitbucket service to JIRA OnDemand":

Step 1. Add the Bitbucket service to JIRA Atlassian OnDemand

You can add the Bitbucket service when you purchase a new JIRA OnDemand subscription or you can add it to an existing subscription.

If you have an existing JIRA Atlassian OnDemand instance:

1. Log in to your my.atlassian.comaccount.
    The account page displays. Atlassian OnDemand is listed in the Licensessection.
  2. Click the + (plus sign) of your Atlassian OnDemand subscription.
    Your account management screen displays.
  3. In theActionssection, click Configure.
    The Configure Your OnDemand Instance screen displays.
  4. Click Start a Free Trial to add new application(s) or Add-on(s).
  5. Click Apply Changes to confirm.

What means "Bitbucket service" in this paragraph?

Cheers,

Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2014

Bitbucket is often referred to as a service in that it is a web-hosting service for projects that use either the Mercurial or Git revision control systems. Essentially they're just saying "Add Bitbucket" a bit more formally.

Frédéric Tardieu
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2014

Yes OK, what I'm saying is that following Step 1 does not allow to add BitBucket. I am in step 1 as I already have an OnDemand JIRA instance.

Suggest an answer