Automation not working

Tim Benschop January 23, 2021

Hello, can someone help?

I created a simple automation that sets two date fields based on the priority.

It doesn't do anything. I don't see why. 

Do you?

Please see screenshots of 1) the automation and 2) the newly created issue (I created this one after having created the automation) that should have triggered the automation. 

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=VZUotmXZfyWaWUU0Cd5nMbgswg4UjbE6Mt77

3 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2021

Hi Tim - Is there some other post function or automation that is setting the priority? I am thinking it might be a timing issue. Did you put Medium in the priority when you created it? 

Tim Benschop January 25, 2021

(using another account but it is still me, the topic starter):

No, there is nothing that sets the priority. I have set it manually to Medium (well actually, that's the default). 

It is quite a simple automation, so that's why I am so suprprised it doesn't  work (and that I cannot find out why)..

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2021

Could you please confirm of the custom field's type for "Vervaldatum"?
I tried your rule in my Cloud instance and it worked out with the "Due Date" field instead of Vervaldatum (I don't have it in my instance).

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

@Daniel Ebers  - yes! That was going to be my next question  :-)

Like Daniel Ebers likes this
0 votes
Tim Benschop January 24, 2021

@Darryl Lee 

Sure, see here:

Screenshot_8.pngScreenshot_9.png

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2021

Thanks. That looks right to me, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

One thing I might try is to add some Audit Log actions to be double-sure you're getting to certain points in the rule AND to validate the Smart Value output.

Screenshot 2021-01-24 at 11.43.26 AM.png

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2021

Can you take a screenshot of what the values you're trying to set during the Edit action (Berwerken? Hey I learned some Dutch!)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events