Automation: Trigger: linked ticket added from a certain project

Kelly Hansen April 17, 2024

Hello All!  I am trying to add myself as a watcher when a ticket is linked to another project so I can keep an eye on the dependency.  Anyone know how to do a trigger this way?

1 answer

2 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2024

Hello @Kelly Hansen 

Do you want this to occur only for specific link types or all link types?

Is there one project that you care about; i.e. you want to be added to issues in any project that are linked to issues in Project A only?

To do this you would have to create a multiple project scoped rule from the Global Automations page. The scope would either need to be All Projects or you would need to pick Project A and any other specific projects that you care about where issues might be linked to the Project A issues.

You would use the Issue Linked trigger. With that you get smart values for accessing both issues that are linked.

You could use an If-Else block to check if the trigger issue is in Project A, then branch to the other issue and add yourself as a watcher. Else check if the other issue is in Project A, and if it is then edit the trigger issue to add yourself as a watcher.

In this example I used the ACK project (that's the project key) for Project A.

Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 9.48.38 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 9.49.14 AM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events