Automation Rule

Casey Enderlein March 5, 2024

Hello,

Trying to capture an automation rule to flag "when issue status (e.g., in progress, done, ready for production, etc.) and resolution status (e.g., resolved) are not in sync > then send email to assignee". I am having trouble testing the rule I created... I have a test project I can use, however not sure to mark resolution as 'done'.

My rule is as follows:

1.) When issue transitioned (from any status to): ready for production, intake, intake pending, cancelled, test, on hold, awaiting approval, blocked, to do, intake hold

2.) Issue field condition: Resolution status equals 'done'

3.) Then send email: to notify assignee

Right now I have a task as 'in progress', and would like to mark as resolved to test this automation, however unsure how to make this task appear as 'resolved'?

1 answer

0 votes
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2024

Hi @Casey Enderlein 

You can add a transition screen to your transition (also loop back to that one transition) and on the transition screen, add the field Resolution. Then entering a value for the Resolution becomes mandatory.

HTH,
KGM

Casey Enderlein March 7, 2024

thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events