Automation Link

Tomas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2024
  1. When issue created
  2. If: issue Type equals Program
  3. And Components equals Option 1
  4. Then Link issue
  5. And Create a Task Link 1
  6. And Create a Task Link 2

When I run this I am getting an error "You cannot link an issue to itself.

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2024

Hello @Tomas 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Please show us a screen image of the rule and the details of the Link Issue step.

In the Link Issue step the rule is trying to create a link between the issue in context at that point in the rule, and the issue you identify in the configuration of that step. The error message indicates that the issue that triggered the rule is the issue in context, and whatever you have specified in the step as the issue to link to is actually the same issue - the issue that triggered the rule.

What two issues are you trying to to link together?

Tomas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 23, 2024

Auto Rule.jpgAuto Rule error.jpg

I am trying to link Task 625 & 626 to Program 624 ticket

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2024

Hello @Tomas 

You have the Link Issues action occurring in the rule before the steps that create issues 625 and 626. The action cannot create a link to issues that do not yet exist.

You need to eliminate that action, and instead structure your rule to have a branch after the Create Issue actions and but the Link Issues action within that branch.

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 10.43.00 AM.png

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer