Automatically close tickets only when multiple deployments have succeeded

Andrew Poyntz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 16, 2024

I have a system where there are multiple components to it - we deploy these via Github actions, which essentially results in multiple deployments in JIRA for each ticket  (i.e. there's 3 deployments to production for each of the components)
The status of these is correctly displayed within the deployments tab & all looks great there

my query is around automation, ideally i'd like to automatically close off the ticket when the deployment to all of the environments completes.

At the moment, it only seems possible to trigger an automation rule at environment level & so using the Deployment Successful trigger, it only allows selecting the environment type (production) & that results in the rule firing as soon as one of them completes & prematurely closing the ticket before the others deployments have completed

Is there a way to wait for all deployments to finish, or to at least check the state of others within that rule?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events