Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager update bug

Davide April 30, 2019

I have a Jira Software (Server) 10 Users - Starter License.

In the "Manage App" section system ask to update Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager to version 3.0.3 even if version 4.0.1 is installed.

JIRA.png

Regards.
Davide.

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2019

Hi Davide,

Thanks for reporting this.  We are actually tracking a related bug for this over in UPM-5985.  I agree that this seems confusing.  I would try to avoid updating the UPM until this is resolved.  I suspect that the marketplace listing for the UPM might have an error that is causing this update to be prompted to Jira 8.1.x users when they already have a major version higher than the version being offered to them.

Andy

Davide May 1, 2019

Hi Andrew.

Thanks for your reply.
I will wait until the problem is solved ;-)

Good day and good work.
Davide.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2019

Hi Davide,

Sorry to hear this problem persists.  I created a support case so that we can gather some more data about your Jira install here.

Please see https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/20/GHS-151057 for details.

Regards,

Andy

Davide May 8, 2019

Thanks Andrew!

0 votes
Davide May 2, 2019

Hi Andrew!

30 minutes ago system noticed a new update for Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager to version 4.0.4 (4.0.1 installed).

However, when I update, the system return this message

JIRA-UPMError.png

In the next image, the APP LOG result:

JIRA-UPMError-2.png

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
May 2, 2019

Hi Davide,

Sorry to hear you are seeing this problem.  I would recommend trying to following steps when you have some time when you can stop Jira.

1. Stop Jira
  2. Go the $JIRAHOME/plugins/installed-plugins/ directory
  3. Find all plugin in here by the name 'universal plugin manager' and remove these.  I suspect you will have at least one entry, but it's possible you could have several here.  You can move these to a temp folder outside the $JIRAHOME
  4. Start Jira again

This will force Jira to use the bundled UPM version on startup.  From there you should be able to update this successfully within Jira once more.

Regards,

Andy

Davide May 6, 2019

Hi Andrew.

I followed your instructions.

I stopped Jira.
In $JIRAHOME/plugins/installed-plugins/ directory I found a file with name "upm-xxxxxxxx".So I move it in temp folder outside $JIRAHOME and restart Jira.

But when i try to update UPM plugin, same error is show.

Regards.
Davide.

Suggest an answer