Assistance with moving columns in projects

Samantha Butler April 30, 2018

Hi Everyone,

As I am new to JIRA I have asked a few questions over the last few days and you ahem all been great.

I have one last issue I cannot figure out by reviewing the settings in workflow or anywhere else.

I want to move a column in a project around as it is in the wrong order. I have attached a screenshot to show you. I want to move in progress & selected to commence around. 

When I look at my workflow they are around the right way. Please help.

Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 2.23.54 pm.png

5 answers

4 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2018

If you're on cloud and want the create buttons, checkout the new agility project template that's in Beta.  It allows for create buttons on your board along with the ability to drag and drop columns around.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agility-Beta-articles/Welcome-to-agility/ba-p/749948

Samantha Butler May 1, 2018

Thank you @Randy :)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user May 1, 2018

Hi @Samantha Butler,

@Randy is correct. I have created a video that you can download. If you follow the video you should achieve your desired result.

https://expirebox.com/download/75bb696329f146241b2de27a11edf238.html

Hope this helps

Thank you @Randy @[deleted] All of my projects have the board settings bar this one I need to change. I think I have made it disappear somehow.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user May 1, 2018

Hi @Samantha Butler,

@Randy is correct. I have created a video that you can follow to achieve the desired result.

Video

The link will expire in 2 days btw. 

Hope this helps

0 votes
Answer accepted
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2018

Top right of the board -> configure board -> columns -> drag and drop your columns in the order you want.

Hi Randy, I have lost my top right hand corner options for some reason, not sure if turned them off accidentally.

0 votes

I have switched over the project from a Business project to a Software project and the board settings appeared.

I have now lost the create + button for issues in backlog, do you know how I can get this back?

Suggest an answer