Assign an issue to a sprint upon creation.

Michał Ciebiada April 24, 2012

Hello,

We are using GreenHooper to help SCRUM development in our project.

We really enjoy the new Rapid Board and all, but there is one thing we are curious about.

Is there a way to assign an issue to a certain sprint upon its creation?

I mean, right now we are doing it like this:

Imagine we are in a middle of the sprint, we discover a bug that is so important it has to be fixed right away (in the current sprint). We create an issue, then we open the backlog of Rapid Board, the issue is at the very bottom. We select it, we press S, T on the keyboard to send it to the top. Then we scroll the backlog to the top and drag and drop the issue to the current sprint.

I don't know, but to me it seems like a lot of work? Or maybe I'm missing something from the SCRUM perspective?

Anyone care to elaborate?

Best regards,

Michal Ciebiada.

1 answer

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2012

Purely from a scrum point of view, new bugs that come in doesn't get added to an ongoing sprint, it just gets added to the backlog and that is what Rapid Board also is tuned for. But may be in your case this is not reality. And what you do now is right in this context.

Suggest an answer