Assign an issue to a sprint upon creation.

Hello,

We are using GreenHooper to help SCRUM development in our project.

We really enjoy the new Rapid Board and all, but there is one thing we are curious about.

Is there a way to assign an issue to a certain sprint upon its creation?

I mean, right now we are doing it like this:

Imagine we are in a middle of the sprint, we discover a bug that is so important it has to be fixed right away (in the current sprint). We create an issue, then we open the backlog of Rapid Board, the issue is at the very bottom. We select it, we press S, T on the keyboard to send it to the top. Then we scroll the backlog to the top and drag and drop the issue to the current sprint.

I don't know, but to me it seems like a lot of work? Or maybe I'm missing something from the SCRUM perspective?

Anyone care to elaborate?

Best regards,

Michal Ciebiada.

1 answer

1 votes
Renjith Pillai Community Champion Apr 24, 2012

Purely from a scrum point of view, new bugs that come in doesn't get added to an ongoing sprint, it just gets added to the backlog and that is what Rapid Board also is tuned for. But may be in your case this is not reality. And what you do now is right in this context.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

277 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot