Are inline images restricted when embedded in an restricted comment?

Robert Duplock
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 5, 2018

If I create a comment, restrict that comment, and then add an image in the comment itself - can people outside of that restriction still see the image (as it also appears under "attachments" in the ticket)

Many thanks all.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2018

In order to use inline images, the image has to exist as an attachment on the issue. So, if you want to embed uploaded images in a restricted comment, then anyone who can view the issue will be able to see the uploaded attachment, unfortunately. There's actually an open request for this on Atlassian's Jira here, so you can vote and watch for updates.

If you're open to Marketplace apps and you're on Jira Server, Document Vault for Jira might be helpful here.

Robert Duplock
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 5, 2018

Thank you, very helpful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events