Application Links Not Working

Vinny Cavallaro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 17, 2018

Hi,

I've created application links with Jira 7.8.0 and Confluence 6.7.2 The settings are set to OAuth (impersonation) on both Jira and Confluence. Jira and Confluence are both attached to the same Crowd directory so they have the exact same users.

We are setting behind a proxy load balancer and our links are jira.company.com/jira and jira.company.com/confluence.

We have a CA certificate on the load balancer, Jira, and Confluence.

Essentially what I'm expecting is if I click on the Application Navigator on the top left and select the other application, that it will bring me to that application and automatically sign me in. This is not working. We also have other settings within Jira/Confluence that utilize application links and those are not working

We just upgraded our instances from Jira 7.10.0 and Confluence 6.0.0 and Crowd 2.8.3.

I've been at this all night and I need help. I'm sure I'm doing something stupid.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2018

Can you check your SSO settings in Crowd, and that you've set both Jira and Confluence to use the Crowd authenticator?

Vinny Cavallaro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 19, 2018

Thanks for your response.  Turns out that we didn't have a crowd.properties file in our Jira/Confluence instances and that was causing the issue.  Thanks for your help

Suggest an answer