Any way to do Field Level Notifications?

KeriB December 1, 2011

Hello,

My boss really wants to be able to send notifications based on certain field changes, rather than for all changes. She feels that people will get slammed with emails just for general edits, so she would like to make a list of the important fields and have notifications only when those fields are updated.

I've had no luck finding a way to do this, and I'm not sure it's possible, but I wanted to throw it out there before telling her we can't.

Thanks!

KeriB

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2011

It is not possible by default. You can, however, write listeners that captures the generic changes and throw custom events when the important fields are changed. Notification schemes will use these custom events!

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2012

Yes, that's the problem. Sadly it can't be done by default beacuse the Update Issue event is configured for every field on the issue. Can be solved only with workarounds.

0 votes
Kivanc Tunc May 8, 2012

Ramiro Thank you so much for your answer

but in that case i will have to cancel the deafult issue updated event notification and write my own for every field of the issue accept the one that i do not what to be notified when it is updated.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2012

As Jobin indicated, there is no possiblity to do this by default you would have to write a listener and create custom notifications.

A solution could be the one I wrote on your question:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/53658/not-to-trigger-issue-updated-notification-email-when-only-one-specific-field-is-updated

That's using the Script Runner plugin.

0 votes
Kivanc Tunc May 8, 2012

Is this still impossible ?

I need nearly the same.

I do not want to send an update Issue notification when due date is updated.

Suggest an answer