An error occurred when performing the Gadget feed URL healthcheck

testdockerhub April 27, 2019

hello,

ive an issue on my Jira instance (7.13) ,the instance is running behind reverse proxy (nginx),

here is the error :

An error occurred when performing the Gadget feed URL healthcheck

i tried lot of solutions that i found on the discussions but no result ...any solution !!!

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2019

The most common error is when the Jira system can't talk to itself over the network.

Go on to the Jira server and try "wget <Jira base url>" (not localhost, you must use the base url) - if that gives you errors, you need to fix that to get Jira to work.

testdockerhub April 28, 2019

yup thats the issue, but i dunt know how i can fix it

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2019

The fix is to change your network such that it allows the Jira server (and other systems that should be allowed to reach Jira) to connect to it over your network.

The things to check to fix 99.99% of connection issues are

• The server routing and ports to get to Jira
  • Firewalls
  • SSL credentials (if you're using SSL, which you should)

yup but can you give me more details on that !!

testdockerhub April 29, 2019

hello @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- , i can wget Base-URL without any errors but on the GUI i still see the error .

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2019

Can you wget the base url from the Jira server and get some html that shows the login page?

LOLO.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2019

Yep, as I thought, your Jira server cannot reach itself over your network.  You will need to work out what is blocking access and fix that.

lol, yup that was my question, and i posted it here because i need answers..,its clear that jira cannot access itself, but what i should verify to  fix that

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2019

You need to "veryify" your network connections.  Please check

• The server routing and ports to get to Jira
  • Firewalls
  • SSL credentials (if you're using SSL, which you should)
0 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2019

@testdockerhub 

Hi 

can you share some more details (log of your instance)

How does your setup look like (SSL terminated on nginx -> jira etc)?

Cheers

Kurt

hello @Kurt Klinner  yup the SSL terminates at the reverse proxy level (nginx)..,what i can modify to fix that issue ?

LOLO.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events