Allow changes via structure does not work for grouped assignees and sprints

amir amir
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 27, 2021

Hi

I have listed my issues in backlog and also have set their assignee's. Then made my first sprint in the backlog.

I made a structure with automaion using the "Bottom up automaion for backlog grooming" mentioned in structure official tutorial; inserting issues , group by assignees and group by sprint name.

Some of issues are listed in "no value" sprint below their corresponding assignees. Then in the structure I try to move an issue from no value sprint to sprint1 under the corresponding assignee but I saw the "cannot handle this operation" error dialog. Note that  I have enabled the "allow changes via structure" for both group generators.

I am using Jira software version 8.13.2 and structure version 8.4.0

1 answer

0 votes
Mario O.G
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2021

Hi Amir!

If I understand the scenario correctly, we might be able to achieve your goal by doing the following:

1. Instead of grouping by Sprint name, choose to group by "Sprint..."

Automation > + > Group > Sprint...

2. After that, try moving one of the 'Backlog' items to an Active sprint group. Observe if it works.

All the Best,

Mario O.G

[ALM Works]

Suggest an answer