Agile Board "disappeared" ???

Jeff White
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2013

We had a long existing Agile Board disappear from our (on Demand) instance of JIRA. There are still Jira Issues that point to the Sprints, but the entire Board is gone.

Nothing in the Issue history seems to indicate an event.

Is there any sort of tracking on the History of Agile Boards where I can see if someone deleted it ?

9 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
MarkW October 15, 2013

There is nothing that I am aware of in the UI that tracks audit in that regard.

If the agile board disappeared, it is likely the board filter was mistakenly deleted. If you remember the name of the board, the filter name should be the exact same or is prefixed with "Filter for". If you cannot find the filter, then it is likely the filter was deleted. You will have to recreate the board and filter. Everything should be slotted back into place on your board.

David Hergert _PAYX_ October 23, 2014
Neal Johnson March 10, 2016

Thanks, your answer was the first hit that popped up for JIRA Agile Board Disappeared.

Saved me from going insane.

I'm mad as hell about this Agile Achilles Heel.

2 votes
Zan Buchanan September 9, 2014

It seems very ridiculous that you can so easily delete an entire "board" setup just by deleting the filter which seemingly is unrelated. I deleted my filter trying to clean up some seemingly non-useful filters. I suggest JIRA put a blocker on being able to just delete a core/linked filter like this. It has cost me a huge amount of effort and time wasted. Very annoyed and frustrated.

2 votes
James Barwick August 14, 2014

This morning I went into my system to pull up the Agile board. Yesterday, I installed an update to Agile. My board was blank. Fumes started pooring out of my ears, I was in a panic! I had all but gotton on a plane to travel 15,000 miles to yell at Atlassian.

Then, when all hope was lost, and tears began to appear, I clicked on the configure button...there it was, the filter said, "where project..."

I remembered that I changed the name of my project yesterday....could that be the issue?

I changed my project name back, and, ta daaa! There's my board! Whew...relief.

I think the default filter should work on the project KEY, not the name. What do you guys think?

Charlotte Neve
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 25, 2015

Ha ha! Thanks a million James! I was in the exact situation as you were last year.... fumes, panic, anger, tears. I had stupidly changed the name of the project (I can't stand typos). The entire development team was after me on the last day of a sprint! Overall I agree with your suggestion. It is quite stupid that you can change the name of a project but all related filters are not updated when you do so. Anyway, thanks for putting in this comment and saving my day!

Like Heather R likes this
0 votes
david_parry November 29, 2018

Does your board filter directly include a filter on the "project" field?

JIRA seems to parse the board filter and then do some magic to tie the board to the project's "board" menu

I was cleaning up my projects/filters and created a base-filter for my teams' work, and then one that nests it in for the specific board. The board disappeared off the Board shortcut list for the given project. I added a filter back in on the "project" field and it appeared back on the list.

0 votes
surya
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 22, 2017

Hi guys,

This seems tobe you have mistakenly ended/deleted your sprint for that you have to re open the sprint.

Follow These steps:

1. select top menu item boards and select respective board.

2. From Left Menu select reports(4th item).

3. On right handside side click on ellipsis button and click reopen sprint.

0 votes
SABVARX February 7, 2017

If your board might have been deleted, check out the following answer to find out who has actually deleted the board.

0 votes
ColinW
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 23, 2016

This so sucks - open since Nov 2012!!!! https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-6706

0 votes
Olivier August 27, 2015

Same thing...I'm without voice. I've deleted the filter and my boards have disappeared !

0 votes
Jeff White
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2013

that answers it. The filter was deleted.

thanks!

Suggest an answer