After restoring JIra, it constantly shows Errors on every action you take.

emsto August 23, 2018

Whenever I try to filter issues or create an issue, or update an issue, Jira is doing it and yet it says that an Error occurred. 

Here's the error itself: 

An error occurredHide…

Please try refreshing the page, or contact your administrator / Atlassian Support if the problem continues.

Details

Environment

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/68.0.3440.106 Safari/537.36

Stack trace

2 answers

0 votes
Prem Chudzinski _extensi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 27, 2018

getIssueIdForKey comes from Atlassian. Rise a support ticket with them.

emsto August 27, 2018

Thank you, I will try that. I already figure out that this issue occurs only when one specific add-on is turned on. I'm already communicating with the add-on provider as well. Unfortunately, I think that is something deeper and the problem is not caused from the add-on itself and no one else has the same issue.

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 27, 2018

Open the developer console (F12 key) go to your board and check if the error is displayed in the console.

Greenhopper code (agile boards) hide most of errors. Some add-ons "restore" the error handing thats why some Jira errors may become visible to users.

Send me an email on pch@extensi.io and I'll try to help you.

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2018

Hi Emil,

It seems like it's related to a conflict with a third party addon. Can you try Safe Mode from the UPM and disable/re-enable addons one by one to identify the culpit? Have you backed up all of your addons from previous install?

Thanks

Cheers

emsto August 27, 2018

Thanks, I already looked up on that. I identified the add-on. I even uninstalled it and installed it again. 

We did a full recovery from our previous instance. We have 2 instances and the second one is fine, but this one has this issue since the restore.

Marketplace Partner
August 28, 2018

Suggest an answer