After adding new fields to an issue type, how can I backfill the new fields to existing tickets

Bill Faucette October 19, 2018

Example:

1) PROJ-123 Ticket is a Task and has all of the standard fields

2) PROJ-123 has several sub-tasks that have standard fields

2) Added System and Team as custom fields to the Task & Sub-Task Issue Types

3) How can I back-fill PROJ-123 and its sub-tasks with the new fields?

Thankis

Bill

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Faucette October 19, 2018

Thanks Alexey,

Follow-up- this may be obvious, but I want to make sure :)

- I assume then the old tickets wlll have the new fields

-b                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2018

Hello,

You can use the bulk edit feature. Go to Issue navigator and search all items where your field is empty:

yourfield is Empty and project = PROJ

Then use the bulk edit feature to set a value for this field for all issues. You can read more info about bulk edit here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/editing-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time-861257342.html

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2018

Yes, the old tickets will have these fields but they will be empty for these issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events