Additional field on Jira issue page

Milind Shah November 9, 2011

I need to display an additional field on the issue page. Is there a way to do that?

2 answers

1 vote
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2011

Simply create a screen with your new fields on it, and then attach the screen to the screen scheme, and attach the screen scheme to the issue type screen scheme. And finally attach the issue type screen scheme to the project.

On the screen scheme you can have a different screen for 'default','view','create', and 'edit'.

Milind Shah November 9, 2011

Yes, thats true, but when I am browsing an issue, ex: JSP-123, there are fields available under Detail section of the issue. It contains values like Type, Priority, component/s etc.. I want to add an additional field in that section.

0 votes
Sean Rich November 10, 2011

It looks like you'll need to edit the view_details.jsp file to add custom fields to the Details section. See http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/Adding+Custom+Field+to+Issue+Summary for info on how to do that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events