Add project to agile board

amiddleton March 18, 2013

Hi

I'm new to JIRA, but I'm struggling to work out how when you create a project, then add issues under that project, but I can't add it to our agile board. Every time I look at the agile board the issues don't appear in the backlog.

I can see a query filter when I go to agile boards, and the project I'm after isn't listed, but I can't see anywhere where you can edit the list of projects.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Discovered you have to be logged in as the user the originally created the board (in this case 'admin') in order to be able to edit the existing filter, otherwise you can only create new ones.

0 votes
amiddleton March 23, 2013

Discovered you have to be logged in as the user the originally created the board (in this case 'admin') in order to be able to edit the existing filter, otherwise you can only create new ones.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2013

hey andy.

do you want to add this project to an existing agile board?

in that case you will have to adjust the filter the board uses.

when you say the project doesn't show up in the list where exectly are you trying to do so?

issue-navigator?

maybe here is some useful info for you

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Creating+a+Board

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2013

you can edit the filter in the issue-navigator.

click the link "View in Issue Navigator" it will bring you there directly.

edit the filter and just hit "Save" when you are finished

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 18, 2013

note i edited...can be saved now

Hi

The problem is there is no option to edit the filter on the board. The text I'm getting in the 'configure board' shows

Saved FilterFilter for Java Dev Team<select id="ghx-filter-change-select" class="hidden"></select>

View in Issue Navigator

<label for="ghx-create-permissioninfo">Shares</label>
  • Group:jira-users

<label>Owner</label>admin

<label>Filter Query</label>project in (FML, "SOS Web Origination", "Process Improvement", Masthaven, "Phoebus Deposit Interface", PV8) ORDER BY Rank ASC
<label>Ranking</label>Using Rank
The screenshot for configuring filters (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+Filters) says there should be an 'edit filters' option but I'm not seeing it. I'm logged in as administrator, but is there something I'm missing.
thanks

Thanks - I've discovered that the problem is that the filter was created by 'admin', not me, and Greenhopper was only allowing me to create a new filter. Once I logged in as admin the 'edit filter' link appeared and I could add the new projects in.

Suggest an answer