About team logs

Romain Dubousquet
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 26, 2024

Good afternoon,

I am a Jira admin in my organization and we're currently undergoing huge changes that heavily involve of the "Teams" feature in Jira.

Last friday, I turned off my laptop after adding more than 300 people in nearly 30 different teams, half of them I created the same day. To my great surprise, I noticed this morning that most of the changes I made 3 days ago didn't match at all what I did - even though I tracked my work on a separate document.

Even if I know that people can add or remove themselves from said teams with few or without any restrictions, there's so many changes that happened over the weekend that I find it almost impossible that so many people removed themselves from teams or managed to be added in by others - especially in an organization as big as ours and during holidays. 

Since I did it all by myself, it feels like a fever dream because I don't think I could have done so many mistakes at once but I still can't fathom what could have happened.

So, my question will be : Is there a tool (like a log for "Teams" or something similar) that could help me know what happened between friday and today ? If not, do you happen to have some way at Atlassian to check what could have been done in our instance regarding the "Teams" ? And lastly, if the feature is not available yet, do you plan to release it anytime soon ?

Since the moment I became aware of this issue, I haven't modified the teams involved and I am waiting for your answer to decide on the next course of action. I wish I could have provided you with before/after screenshots but I didn't think this would have been relevant since I didn't know that would happen.

Thank you for reading, have a good day.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2024

Hello @Romain Dubousquet 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Changes to Teams are not reported in either the Jira application Audit Log nor the Organization Security Audit Log.

I found this change request asking for a way to see who created a team:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-25275

...and this one asking for a trash bin for deleted Teams from which a deleted Team could be recovered.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-81733

Both of these issues have only 1 vote, though they are 7-9 months old. Because of that I would guess they are not high on the list for being implemented.

Romain Dubousquet
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 27, 2024

Hello @Trudy Claspill thank you very much for your insight :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events