It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Field 'fields' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it. Edited

Hi , I am trying to get particular feilds from REST API . when i try from POSTMAN following query it works fine 

https://XXX/rest/api/latest/search?jql=resolution=Unresolved&fields=summary&order by updated DESC

but when i call from my application it says " Field 'fields' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it."

Note :- In both the cases i am using same userid/password for authentication 

Any help on this ? 

1 comment

Nic Brough Community Leader Dec 08, 2017

You've structured the call as <part of query><field list><part of query>.  Try putting the whole JQL part in one go, followed by the fields.

Sorry, could not understand could you please give an example here 

i tried with 

https://XXX/rest/api/latest/search?jql=resolution=Unresolved&fields=summary 

this also is erring out 

Nic Brough Community Leader Dec 08, 2017

Ok, that call is working absolutely fine for me as well, with all three methods I tend to use for REST calls.

I think you'll need to look closely at what your application is doing when it makes the call, because it clearly is not sending the valid data my calls are, or the ones you are using in Postman.

Comment

Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

[New] Jenkins for Jira Software Cloud and a way to connect your hosted apps

Jenkins is the leading open-source automation server used by startups and enterprise teams to build, test and deploy code to production.   We are excited to announce an official integration betw...

1,053 views 1 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you