Set the status of an issue while creating it

57 comments

S Fong October 25, 2023

Thank you @Luke Ellery I am now able to see the "edit setting" option on the top right under General Configurations. I kept looking on the side panel only.  

Tata Tatkhashvili November 13, 2023

Hi there.

I'm interesting in: when I create task in backlog, can Jira automatically grant different status of "To do" ?

Can I add different status field without move it on the board? 

Vanja Jugovic
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 23, 2024

Hi, is there a possibility to show the Status while creating the ticket on a Company-managed business project?

Thanks

Matthias Blom March 13, 2024

@Luke ElleryIn Workflows, would it be possible to connect the 'Create' node to multiple statuses instead of just one? We would like to allow users to immediately transition issues to some statuses, like 'Refining' instead of 'Backlog' (our initial status). However, after it has gone into Progress we wouldn't want it to always be possible to transition it back to 'Refining'. Therefore the solution of adding an 'All' transition to 'Refining' is not workable. If we would be able to add a separate 'Create' transition for 'Refining' it would correctly model the desired workflow.

Amira Badran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2024

@Tata TatkhashviliThe status field discussed in this community post only appears on the create issue form in a Jira Software project. If you want to automate transitions post issue creation, you can setup automation rules to execute these actions. For instance, you can refer to this example: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Automate-Task-Issue-creation-and-transition/qaq-p/2235215

Amira Badran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2024

@Vanja JugovicCurrently, this feature is only available for Jira Software projects.

Amira Badran
Atlassian Team
March 17, 2024

@Matthias Blom To clarify, are you asking if you are able to have multiple initial statuses, or is it about linking the initial status to multiple other statuses?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events