Jira Cloud for Google Sheets: Automatically Refresh Your Data!

77 comments

Eugene Ga February 24, 2020

@Rahul Patil I do not want to see stats and "Import started at February 24, 2020 10:09 AM by Evgeniy Galaktionov". It takes extra 2 rows and is not needed information. Can we remove it some how?

Rahul Patil
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2020

@Eugene Ga please reach out through the in-app feedback form, we would like to understand why you want to remove that information? Of course there are ways (for example scripting) on the excel/sheets platform itself which you can utilize to strip/remove data you are not interested in.

Eugene Ga February 24, 2020

@Rahul Patil 

For every query in excel i have 2 extra rows of information similar to this on:

Import started at February 24, 2020 10:09 AM by Evgeniy Galaktionov
14 rows imported in 1 seconds

This takes extra spaces but gives no useful information at all.

peter_kosik April 4, 2020

Hello Rahul @Rahul Patil 
After my last update of JIRA Cloud for excel add-on, I started to have the same problem as Giacomo Gukamo. I updated it 3 days ago.

Every time I try to refresh my excel data through JIRA.JQL(), I got "scoping out the situation" message and it freezes.

The formula is as follows

=JIRA.JQL(""; "Assignee, issuekey, timeOriginalEstimate, timespent, timeEstimate, Components, Project, Etapa, Creator, Reporter, Issue type, Status, Created, Updated, Last Viewed, Fix versions, Summary, Security level, Description, labels";;8000)

image.png

Interesting is that add-on is working in the "Import Type" JQL query. The PrintScreen is below.image.png

Like Denis Gries likes this
Rahul Patil
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2020

@peter_kosik , can you please reach out to us through the in-app feedback form? That way we can dig into our logs to see what exactly is going wrong when you run your import. Kindly try running an import with the error condition first and note down the time and let us know these details in the feedback.

Nicolas Karlinski May 28, 2020

Hello there - thanks for this great app. I am having a issue, I need to re-connect after the gsheet file has been shut... I sent a bug report via in-app feedback

Captured the follwing: 

https://sheets-jira-production.atl-pi-dev.net/callback/jira/auth?error=access_denied&error_description=User%20did%20not%20authorize%20the%20request&state=ZICeuLNVrXHcGNYXID1Zs
Łukasz Przybyła July 2, 2020

Hi, is there a way to "Update" my data using Google Scripts? I've noticed, that when I use =jira() function its importing not actual data, I need to delete previous data manually or change my function values, and after that I need to import it again for actual data.

Is there some function or any other way to press "Refresh Issues" button with a script/function in Google Sheets?

Shilpa G August 10, 2020

Is there a real time update option, along with Manually, Daily, Weekly, etc ? 

Kiran BM September 2, 2020

Schedule tab started throwing an error and not loading. Pls see screenshot attached. It is happening only for old imports and not new imports. Any idea what's happening?

Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 10.29.07 PM.png

doug October 23, 2020

May be more of an excel question, but how can you keep items (track on a different tab?) that may have been deleted from a certain filter that you are using as your data refresh?

Jerri Chiu (She/Her) January 19, 2021

I must be not seeing things correctly. For monthly scheduling of refresh of the data, I only see "Monthly on a third Tuesday" option? How do I change this to the first day of the month, for example?

Ops User 2 June 17, 2021

Can I just find out is there a way to refresh the input every 5 minutes?

Connor Sexton July 28, 2021

Hello! Love this Add-on, thanks for it. Unfortunately, scheduled refresh is simply failing to occur for any connected sheet I have created to date. Is this a known issue?

Like # people like this
Alex Woodbridge July 30, 2021

I'm with Connor, the scheduled refresh is failing to run - my sheets are hidden, could that be the issue?

Like kirill.sukov likes this
smadarb September 14, 2021

@Rahul Patil It fails for me as well (I wish for my sheet to be updated every hour), also I ca not see the next refresh time. 

Rahul Patil
Atlassian Team
September 14, 2021

Hi @smadarb , sorry to hear about your problem with scheduling, can you please raise a support ticket and provide us the details there? Add-ons -> Jira Cloud For Sheets -> Open -> in the left hand side panel -> Get Support

smadarb September 18, 2021

@Rahul Patil Opened (JST-693608) thanks

Yatin Shingala October 25, 2021

I have set schedule for 1 hours for my reporting purpose. But sheet is not refreshing every one hours.  Please help me to resolve this.

Donal O_Beirne December 7, 2021

Is there a way to get the extract timestamp as a field in the spreadsheet so that I I can use it in visualizations (tableau)?

Antonio Fernandez February 12, 2022

scheduling updated are not working properly, this is creating a mess in all my procedures... please fix that :(

Pooja N February 14, 2022

It would be helpful to have custom the refresh schedule for the cases when we need to refresh the data for weekly meeting?
Curious to know how was the decision made to have the refresh every 3rd Tuesday?

Edwin Meijer April 4, 2022

Every time I open a sheet that uses the Jira() function, it will try to execute each of the functions. I can see the use-case of always having the most current data from Jira reflected in the sheet, but sometimes you want to "freeze" the sheet.... either because you are actively editing the sheet and the Jira() functions firing is undesirable OR because you simply want to keep the results.

I have tried a couple of things to see if that would prevent the Jira() functions from running.

• "Protect sheet", "Make Available Offline", but that will not do the trick
  • Download the sheet (to CSV, Excel)... the export itself is trigging the Jira() functions

From my very limited testing, it seems that setting a schedule, blocks the Jira() function from firing when you refresh the page so that seems promising.... obviously it will fire again on the scheduled date.

Q: As suggested above, can you add a schedule option for any time period AND also an option to schedule NEVER (which is different from "Manual"; the latter triggers the Jira() function )

Anil Nandibhatla July 18, 2022
Hi All, I'd like to refresh the data according to the schedule, but only need to add the new records added since the last refresh, and the new records are supposed to be added on top of the sheet. 
Because I'm working with old data and updating it with new comments. If schedule to receive the data, it will replace my existing data, and any comments will be routed to a different Jira ticket. 
Did anyone try, and if so, could you please tell me how could do it? Thank you in advance to everyone.
Shrey Sharma August 22, 2022

I am trying to create a log of any change made to Jira tickets on Google Spreadsheets.

How can I add a new row in Google Spreadsheets when a ticket updates rather than overwriting the value of the existing row?

Kim Dean Trampedag Mikkelsen February 16, 2023

Hello there

Is there a way to set the refresh schedule to 5 - 10 minutes instead of the lowest being one hour? 

I need it to keep a dashboard updated

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events