๐ŸŽŠ Introducing a new issue create experience ๐ŸŽŠ

73 comments

Krzysiek Czuba January 10, 2023

@Ted Chen sure, just need email address (or you can email me at krzysztof.czuba (at) dokdok.pl).

Sue Bridges January 11, 2023

Looks useful.  Is this just for Cloud based Jira?

Like โ€ข Liron likes this
Raimon Colmenares January 11, 2023

This looks great, thanks for the new features.

Liron
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2023

@Sue Bridges yes this is for cloud only. 

Liron
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2023

@Marc Wurst - you are 100% correct, and we did not launch all of these at once. We just collated the recent changes into one blog to highlight the changes. But actually, these were launched one at a time, whenever they were ready to be available.

The latest and biggest one was probably the new create issue experience and so within the blog about this feature we decided to highlight some others.

Thanks! 

Jonathan Santos
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2023

@Liron  Great changes, thank you very much for these updates!!

Liron
Atlassian Team
January 22, 2023

Any customers here who have tried any of the above mentioned new features and would like to give us feedback about them? Please reach out by booking a meeting with me via https://calendly.com/ldeutsch/jira-software-customer-chat?back=1&month=2023-01

Would love to hear from you!

Cheers,

Liron

Eva Wrobel January 25, 2023

@Liron Inline editing in project backlog is making my life much more easier. Thanks for saving time! 

Joseph Hansbrough January 25, 2023

@Liron - the ability to minimize the issue view is truly a time saver and very helpful. Also, being able to reference attachments has been long desired and executed well. 

One note - I'm working on a Team-managed project, but it would be helpful to still link the new issue you create to the Epic you want to link it to. I don't see any field to do so currently - please let me know if I'm missing it. Thanks!

Liron
Atlassian Team
January 29, 2023

That's great to hear @Eva Wrobel ! Would you be open to a quick chat soon? I'd love to learn more about how you are using our product and any other feedback you may have! 

Liron
Atlassian Team
January 30, 2023

@Joseph Hansbrough that's great to hear about the minimised issue create screen! Would love to chat and see how you use it in practice and how it has been helping you.

With regards to adding an epic to an issue in Team Managed projects, you can do that in the breadcrumbs at the top of the issue. Adding a screenshot here, let me know if you have any questions.

Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 9.50.17 pm.png

Joseph Hansbrough January 30, 2023

Hey @Liron

- thank you for the response. I can see if I can find a time to go over its use. 

Regarding the Epic, adding it in the breadcrumbs has been a nice update that I have been using for a bit. I recall having the option of establishing that connection on issue creation however (Field: Epic Link), which would save a few steps of having to go into each issue you create to add the Epic issue by issue, especially if you are creating a large number of tickets. So perhaps we can talk that through as well. Thank you!

Jan-Hendrik Spieth January 31, 2023

In our Create issue modal dialog, the resizing options are always disabled:
Screenshot 2023-01-31 151220.png

We have a customized screen there. So it's kind of clear one or several of our customization are "in conflict" with this new feature.

We don't know what to look for, though, to get it working. Any gives?

Liron
Atlassian Team
February 13, 2023

@Ted Chen - are you able to connect with @Jan-Hendrik Spieth to see what is happening there?

thanks!

Like โ€ข Jan-Hendrik Spieth likes this
Ted Chen
Atlassian Team
February 13, 2023

Hi @Jan-Hendrik Spieth we currently have a limitation with the resizing of the Issue Create Modal not being compatible with some Forge features, specifically UI modifications and custom fields. We're currently looking into removing this limitation.

Sorry for the inconvenience! If you need additional help, please reach out to me at my email tchen3 (at) atlassian.com

Like โ€ข Jan-Hendrik Spieth likes this
Markus June 14, 2023

@Ted ChenIs there a way to have a default functionality? I would love if it went to the smaller view by default, expanding it if needed.

Is there a setting some where for this?

Like โ€ข Christine Corona likes this
Ted Chen
Atlassian Team
June 14, 2023

Hi @Markus we are just starting to roll out a change in how the Issue Create Modal will open. By default, it should soon start opening in the same view that you last created an issue in.

So if you last created an issue in the docked view, the next time you hit create it should open in the docked view. Similarly if you last created an issue in the modal view, the next time you hit create it should open in the modal view.

If this isn't already available to you, it should be sometime this week or next week. Hopefully that helps! 

Like โ€ข # people like this
Markus June 14, 2023

@Ted ChenThank you so much! It hasnt hit our instance yet but looking forward to this -- one of the most sought out features by my team.

Like โ€ข Ted Chen likes this
Erki Tammik July 6, 2023

@Ted Chen 

By default, it should soon start opening in the same view that you last created an issue in.

I'm Atlassian administrator.
Please provide an option for users to control this. I have users contacting me and asking why the "Create Issue" is opening in mini view. Information should be provided to users about this behaviour.

Amira Badran
Atlassian Team
July 6, 2023

Hi @Erki Tammik 

Thank you for raising this with us. The purpose of this update was to increase our users' awareness of the minimise capabilities that allow them to remain in context and continue browsing Jira while creating an issue.

The new functionality tracks users' preferred view for creating issues. If users choose the full view, the next time they open the create issue modal, it will default to the full view, and the same if they prefer to create from the minimised view.

To help users understand this change, we provided in-product change-boarding. There is no way for admins to control this as we believe it is a user preference since each user may have different needs.

I hope this clarifies things for you. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. We can continue discussing it here or arrange a Zoom call to address them further.

Thanks again! 

Amira Badran,

Product Manager, Jira Software

Like โ€ข # people like this
Aleksandra Jagielska July 26, 2023

hey, great improvements :) But: some time ago I think the option to add the parent issue (epic) when creating a task/story was removed. Could you implement an option to add a parent to the issue while it's being created?

Like โ€ข Joseph Hansbrough likes this
Iryna Komarnitska_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 8, 2023

Hello, everyone!
My team has developed a good solution for creating issues in Jira - Issue Creator for Jira Cloud. This is a Google Chrome extension.

It's like a Swiss knife - many necessary tools in one addon:

• Create Jira issues in any project
  • Supports configuration of almost all custom fields
  • It allows you to take screenshots and add annotations to them.
  • Screen recording up to 3 minutes with the ability to record voice as well.
  • Operations with visual web elements on pages - link them to Jira tasks, experiment with their appearance (move elements, duplicate them, etc.)
  • Uncreated tasks are stored in drafts.

Instead of 3-4 applications, one Issue Creator can satisfy your needs.

The extension is excellent for creating bug reports, ideas in Jira Product Discovery, visual feedback, and high-quality Jira issues.

We are waiting for you in the SaaSJet team!

Like โ€ข Joseph Hansbrough likes this
Christine Corona August 11, 2023

Disregard - found answer in above threads

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events