Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using Jira as a ticketing system

a.adel December 2, 2021

We are a retail company contains branches and head office. We think about using Jira as a ticketing system between the branches and the head office also between head office departments and each other.

So I thought about creating a project for each of branches and head office departments, but the problem is all users can see all tickets on the department and I prefer each one to see only his own tickets to follow it without watching others tickets.

The main purpose for that is to use Jira as ticketing system and also contacting method between all company departments and branches.

1 answer

3 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2021

Hey @a.adel and welcome to the community!

Could you maybe elaborate on how you have set up those projects?

I assume these are JSM projects and you have different servicedesks for each branch and headoffice? Or do you want the branches to acts a customers of your headoffice?

a.adel December 2, 2021

Dear @Dirk Ronsmans thanks for your reply

Yes the projects are JSM projects and I need to make a project for each department and each branch so every one can contact with everyone and can open a ticket with anybody. it doesn't matter if they act as a customer or as a servicedesk as they have the ability to follow their tickets.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2021

Hi @a.adel

well it does matter cause it will impact how you need to configure your project(s) and also how many licenses you need.

So therefor, the question would be:

• does everybody need to handle tickets (solve them) 
  • or is there a mix between people who need to handle the tickets and others who will only raise tickets towards a service desk

If they only need to raise tickets and follow them (even from their own department) they would be considered Customers on a project and  are not counted against your license count.

Customers can be grouped in to organizations (could be companies/departments/teams/branches/..) Permissions on what tickets they can see would then be based on who the ticket is shared with and that is by default themselves + their organisation

if however they need to treat issues then they need an agent license. if they are an agent with permissions ona specific project then you'll have to look at the permissions scheme for the project(s) (and maybe even security levels if they are not allowed to see issues from other branches and you want to just create a single JSM project)

If users need to treat tickets for a branch and the nescalate them to the HO service desk you could split them up but it's not needed. You could just as easily create them as teams/groups in the same project and simply assign it to the correct "branch"

I don't know if you already thought about your hierachy/architecture of your Servicedesk but these are questions you need to ask yourself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events