update linked ticket

Daan Gönning January 26, 2021

Hi,

Is it already possible to. update linked JIRA ticket through JSD automation? When  JSD ticket is assigned to a assignee, I want to update the linked JIRA ticket with the same assignee. 

Looks not that difficult, but seems to be..

1 answer

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2021

@Daan Gönning

That is possible to do. How likely is it that you'll be linking between projects? The reason that I ask is that when a rule spans more than one project, you'll likely run out of automation executions (you only have 1000 a month) during the course of the month. I can show you how to write a rule, but if you are linking between projects it might not be a workable solution.

Thanks,

Kian

Daan Gönning January 26, 2021

Yes, there will be linked between a JSD project and a JIRA project. So it's between them. 

Can we upgrade the 1000 automations? not sure if we exceed them, though. 

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

The only way to upgrade them is to purchase a premium subscription. If you do that, you get 1,000 global executions/user/month.

Thanks,

Kian

Daan Gönning January 27, 2021

Thanks @Kian Stack Mumo Systems ! can you help me out with the rule? 

So when we exceed 1000 (not every likely), the automation does not work anymore. No workarounds at all?

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2021

@Daan Gönning, sure. Let me do that for you. 

Try something like this: 

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 9.30.28 AM.png

You can customize the link type you want it to update, or you can leave it so it does that for all.

The condition that I put in is so that it'll only trigger in one direction.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events