unable to fetch users in a request form

Swaroop Kumar January 6, 2023

A few employees are unable to see the user list when they click on the drop down of a request form. For example, a user is trying to submit a new hardware request form however when she tries to add her manager name from the user picker field it says "No Users Found". This happens only to a few users. 

Site access and Basic access has been enabled for this user.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2023

Hi @Swaroop Kumar 

Worth checking a few settings first, even if it's not an issue for all users!

---

Customer Permissions

You'll need to be a Project Admin - then:

• Go to Project Settings > Customer Permissions
  • Under the "Customer Sharing" header - ensure the correct customer permission is setup, depending on how your Project is structured

If you using the first setting - Customers can search for other customers within their organizations - make sure your Customers / Organizations are setup to allow for this.

---

Permission Scheme

If the JSM field is Assignee or Reporter - ensure Customers have access to this permission. You'll need to be a Jira Admin to make edits - then:

• Go to Project Settings > Permissions
  • Under the "Issue Permissions" section, ensure the appropriate permission - Assign Issues or Modify Reporter - has been granted to the Service Project Customer - Portal Access role
  • Fix this if not

^ You might also need to ensure "Assignable User" is set to include all managers, if the Assignee field is the one in use

---

Global Permissions

You'll need to be a Jira Admin - then:

1. Go to Settings > System
  2. Select Global Permissions from the left-hand menu
  3. Ensure all users who are logged in, but also using the JSM request portal, have the required access to Browse Users and Groups, which is required when using user pickers

---

If none of these works - let us know. These questions might also help:

• What type of user picker field is the user trying to pick their manager from? For example, is it a custom field? Or the Approver field? Or Assignee? Etc
  • Is your Jira Service Management billing up to date? It doesn't require renewal and hasn't expired?

Ste

Swaroop Kumar January 9, 2023

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ 

Thank you for a detailed explanation. Here's is the summary:

1. The Customer Permissions have been set correctly.

2. Assign issues and Modify reporter have been granted "Service Project customer - Portal access" role

3. Assignable user under "Issue Permissions" do not have "Service Project customer - Portal access" role and it looks like I can't assign it. Error "The permission 'Assignable User' can't be granted to 'Service Project Customer - Portal Access". 

4. I'm using "Approver" field for the end-user to pick up their manager name.

Despite the above checks, this user still can't populate the employee list on the request form. Today, we received another ticket with same issue.

I changed the The Customer Permissions to "Customers can search for other customers within their project or organizations" and this fixed the issue. 

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2023

Hi @Swaroop Kumar 

Awesome!

I did mention in my previous comment ensure the correct customer permission is setup, depending on how your Project is structured

Trying different Customer Permissions was a great next step - I'm glad this is now resolved for you :)

Ste

yes, thank you for your help!

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2023

No worries :)

If this answer did help resolve your question, could you accept it? This helps other users who find this question in future know that this answer can help them!

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events