Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two attribute values to set a third attribute value in Insight object

Joshua Arfsten November 5, 2021

Hello im using JSM/insight cloud. Im trying to get two attributes fields to merge into a third attribute fields. i tried follow the document and thread here.
However im still missing something. attached are the results of my attempt. thanks for the in advance.  image.pngimage.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2021

Hi @Joshua Arfsten,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

In order to get the attribute values for the object you have to use smart values. So in your case the value you give Unique Name would be something like this:

{{object.Serial number}} {{object.Asset tag}}

hey Mikael, thanks appreciate it. so that is close im now getting the values i need based on your feedback. however now everytime a new object is created it adds the values to the next object. how do i get the automation rule to apply per object? image.pngimage.png

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2021

Do you have any other automations that triggers on object creation? From what I can see from the picture the second object doesn't get the same format that you have defined in the automation. What I would do is to add a log entry to the audit log with the value of {{object.size}}, then you will know how many objects are coming in to the automation.

I have only one automation rule enabled for insight on object creation. It looks like the automation rule is pulling the asset and serial of each object i create and adds the sum to the next created object. an example would be the first one is correct, the second one has the serial and asset tag of the first object and the second object in the unique name. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events