Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

temporary agent access, or automatically disable an agent account after set period of time

Michelle Nifong May 23, 2023

We have student workers and interns to whom we grant agent level access in JSM. Sometimes their managers forget to tell me when they've left and no longer need access.

Is there a way, when I grant access to these individuals that it's just temporary, or is there a way the system can be set to automatically disable agent access after a set period of time?

Any ideas to help in this type of scenario (other than relying on project leaders to keep me in the loop in a timely manner)?

1 answer

1 vote
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

Hi @Michelle Nifong welcome to the Atlassian community.

Here are few considerations:

• Integrate your Jira instance with your organization's HR systems, so an automatic Jira ticket is raised for new joiner's or those leaving organization.
  • When granting access to student workers or interns, please set an expiry date on their access permissions. This helps in regular reviews of their access.
  • If you have visibility or access to details about the duration the resource is planned to work or deploy, you may use Jira automation rules and set automatic access disable.
Michelle Nifong May 24, 2023

Thanks for these ideas, much appreciated. 

Like G subramanyam likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events