Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smart value for "time to done" or 'time to resolution"

Rob September 22, 2021

Hello Team

Im working on setting up a automation that will alert my team....in MS teams that the SLA clock has started (because it came out a pause clock state) and indecates how much time is left on the clock...I was thinking maybe there is a smart value for that. Please advise thank you

1 answer

3 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2021

Hi @Rob 

I know this is possible in Slack using smart values, but I haven't tried it with Teams. For Slack, I use smart values such as:

{{issue.Time to Resolution.ongoingCycle.goalDuration.friendly}} - time goal of the TTR SLA
{{issue.Time to Resolution.ongoingCycle.elapsedTime.friendly}} - elapsed time of the TTR SLA
{{issue.Time to Resolution.ongoingCycle.remainingTime.friendly}} - remaining time of the TTR SLA

You can of course edit the stuff after the "issue." for the name of the SLA you are wanting.

I'd say give these a go in your automation rules - these work fine for me on Jira issues as well as Slack, so hopefully they would work on Teams too. There are some other values you could use which you can grab from the response in this community post.

Hope this helps!

Rob September 24, 2021

Very cool...I am going to test on Monday...many thanks ;0)

Rob September 27, 2021

Unfortunately...I have tried them all (including the one in the linked community post)...none showed up in Teams :0(

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2021

@Rob Have you tried posting them to your Jira issue, e.g. to the description field/as a comment? It might be worth trying this if you haven't already, just to check that the smart value is formatted correctly/pulling through the expected values

Mauricio Heberle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2023

Hi @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ 

Could you please inform where did you find the documentation about SLA smart values like:

{{issue.Time to Resolution.ongoingCycle.goalDuration.friendly}} ??

I Havent found it anywhere...

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2023

Hi @Mauricio Heberle 

I can't seem to find any documentation I was working on, but what I think I might have done is formed the smart value using an API call.

If you make an API call such as the following:

https://[jira_site].atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/issue/[issue_key_containing_the_SLA]

Then you can use the indentations in the response to formulate your smart value to grab anything you want to relating to the issue. Each indentation in the API response will require a full stop in the smart value.

I'm using using the Chrome extension JSON Viewer to make it look like the user-friendly response in the image below, this is how I got to the smart value

{{issue.Time to Resolution.ongoingCycle.goalDuration.friendly}} - time goal of the TTR SLA

(here, "Time to resolution" and "customfield_10058" are the same thing and are interchangeable)

REST API.png

Like # people like this
Mauricio Heberle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2023

Got it! Thanks a lot for this :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events