Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

request type

Kamil Askerov April 17, 2024

Hi. In one project(JSM) when i create request type - there 4 field present Instructions description summary component. When I try to delete componet - there error - u cant delete this component. And I cant select some information in this component. Why is that and how I can resolve this problem? This project was migrated from jira server version. request.png

1 answer

0 votes
Klaudia Schön_Deviniti_ April 17, 2024

Hi @Kamil Askerov ,

First of all, please make sure that the Component field is not globally required in field configuration assigned to this project (here you may find a path to follow). If it's marked as mandatory, try to mark it as optional and check whether something changed. 

In general, all the fields globally required are being automatically added to request type and there is not way to remove them.

I hope it helps :) 

Kind regards,
Klaudia

@Klaudia Schön_Deviniti_ thank you for your answer. I will check it

@Klaudia Schön_Deviniti_ I make its optional but component still REQUIRED. But in other projects component field not required.component.png

@Kamil Askerov based on your screenshot, I can see that it's required, indeed:

optional.png

To mark this as optional, please click on "Optional" link to switch on this option

@Klaudia Schön_Deviniti_  I change its too. Now there blank but in request field again show component required. 

If in the global configuration the Component is optional, please go to Request type settings and mark it as optional, too. Then, the field should be removable :) 

@Klaudia Schön_Deviniti_ You cant remove this field when I try remove it

@Klaudia Schön_Deviniti_ I found. It was in other place. In that place where I make component optimal havent my project's name , therefore when change there not changed in my project.

Thank you very much for you help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events