Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Run rule as" option; in automation rule

SAI ABHIRAM CHUNDURU May 27, 2022

Hi All,

I have set up a very simple automation rule for a project to which I am the project lead of, as a kind "Initial Acknowledgement" to the support tickets raised . 

The rule is working absolutely fine whenever a new issue gets created . But the only options available are 

• User who triggered the rule
  • Project lead (My name)

When project lead option is selected , The initial comment is getting posted via my profile which I do no need it to be. So , had chosen other option from the drop down . But , this makes the automatic comment to be commented by the reporter profile only which is absolutely not needed as the reporter will never ack the ticket . 

Is there a way where I can select any other user (probably a third user) so that the comment will be every time from that profile? Please suggest.

Initial ack.PNG

1 comment

Yanty Ghani [ServiceRocket]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2022

Hi @SAI ABHIRAM CHUNDURU ,

I see that you are using the legacy automation. I would suggest for you to use the new automation, as the legacy ones will be discontinued at some point.

With the new automation, you can set the "Actor" of the automation under Rule Details.

Screenshot 2022-05-27 170847.png

Hope this helps.

Like SAI ABHIRAM CHUNDURU likes this
SAI ABHIRAM CHUNDURU May 27, 2022

Hi @Yanty Ghani [ServiceRocket] ,

This is super straight and helpful . It worked .

Thank you!!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events