Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Page Unavailable" and Atlassian Support not recognising URL

Charlie Craft April 5, 2022

Hi, 

I've been unable to access my Jira cloud, and when trying to report this to Atlassian support I am unable to, as when entering the URL for my cloud I am given the response "Sorry, we can't find this Cloud URL". I have made sure that I have entered the URL correctly.

does anyone know what might be causing this? 

Thanks

10 answers

4 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2022

They do seem to be aware of it and are investigating as you can see here:

https://jira-service-management.status.atlassian.com/incidents/0bcftpvmjkpt

1 vote
Shane Doerksen April 9, 2022

Hi Everyone,

I don't have a lot of information, but I will share what I have.

Just in case you haven't received a support ticket or email about this already, basically what happened was that a maintenance task at Atlassian went wrong somehow, and an unknown number of sites were disabled / removed / deactivated. They're currently figuring out how to recover from this and get everyone online.

We received an update on our support ticket this morning that said they have restored 23% of the sites as of today, but there is still not an estimated time for completion.

There are some other service desk threads in community that have more information about this as well.

To raise a support ticket, Atlassian has said that you can submit the support form as a billing problem (which will not require the cloud URL, as that won't currently exist) and then they will transfer it to the correct team internally.

Their support team has also been creating tickets from these forum posts.

After you have a support ticket, they will send updates there as to when your site is being actively worked on. As I understand it, this is a manual process and they are working through the queue segment by segment.

Hope that helps, and best wishes for a speedy site recovery.

1 vote
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2022

Hello, We're sorry you've been impacted by this incident. We have sent email communications to all affected customers which provide further details of the incident as well as a link for live status updates. Reach out to us at https://support.atlassian.com/contact if you have any questions or concerns.

Additionally, we’re checking and validating anyone who has posted in Community to report their site has been impacted and we are creating a support request on their behalf. If you’re unsure if an issue has been created for your site we suggest reaching out to your site admins or technical contacts.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers | Product Lead, Community

1 vote
Ivar Munch Clausen April 5, 2022

This is an issue for a lot of us, 

I am unable to report the error because the customer support system does not find my URL. 

So; my Atlassian URL is unavailable, therefore I am unable to report to Atlassian support that my Atlassian URL is unavailable. 

It is the most iconic catch 22 situation I have ever been in. I would like to thank Atlassian for this experience.

However, as much as I enjoy the irony in the situation - our customers are unable to access our customer support portal and my team is unable to make any progress in any of their outstanding tasks. 

Allister April 5, 2022

Try to re-open a recently solved ticket. That is what I did and managed to outline I have all products unavailable. In fact, soon after the Atlassian status page was updated. 

Shane Doerksen April 9, 2022

Hello @Ivar Munch Clausen ,

Atlassian has said that you can submit the support form as a billing problem (which will not require the cloud URL, as that won't currently exist) and then they will transfer it to the correct team internally.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Moloy Rossiter April 5, 2022

I am in the same boat as the OP.
Cant seem to find an alternative contact method to get in touch with support.

No indications on the status pages of any recognised incidents/issues underway.

1 vote
Richard Trommelen April 5, 2022

There are more people having this problem right now. I hope Atlassian wil respond quickly

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2022

Hello,
We apologize for the length of this ongoing incident and for not being more proactive in our communication with you. We understand how mission-critical our products are for you and want to make sure we are relaying the most accurate information possible.

While we really want to get in front of you live to answer your questions, we are prioritizing getting customers up and running first and foremost. We will host an AMA (Ask Me Anything) after we get all of our customers fully restored.

In the meantime, please add your questions here and we will respond as quickly and transparently as we can. Some questions may not be answered until we do an official PIR, but we will let you know that and answer as much as we can now.

Our Chief Technology Officer Sri Viswanath has posted a blog about this incident with more background and details, and our team is working around the clock to move through the various stages for restoration.

We are working 24/7 to restore your service. Thank you to those who have been sharing all the information you know from your support requests. Thank you for being open, honest, and caring for your fellow Community members. This speaks a lot about what makes Community a special place.

@Shane Doerksen As I've said on other threads, I greatly appreciate your effort to keep others informed. 

@Dirk Ronsmans Thanks for being a very helpful Community Leader.

Lastly, if you're unsure if a support request was raised on your behalf, please let me know, and I will personally check. My team and I went through all Community posts related to this incident to ensure everyone's site had a support request.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers | Product Lead, Community

0 votes
Noor Azuan Nazir April 6, 2022

Me also having same experience. Now all our client was angry as they cant suit the ticket or see the status of their current ticket. IT team also facing an issue to review the ticket oustanding.

hope this need to be rectify ASAP. Just curious on what is the BCP for this. 

0 votes
Moritz Throne April 5, 2022

24h down and still nothing. Great!

0 votes
Jason Selby April 5, 2022

Has anybody been given any update? 

Moritz Throne April 5, 2022

Nope, but regular support times are 7a-5p PST so they probably won't even reply the next 3.5hrs.

Allister April 5, 2022

The Atlassian status page outlines that the root cause has been identified. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events