cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Failed to Load" attachments as customer on issue comments

Chris Hewes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 6, 2023

I have Jira Service Management set up. Customers are able to submit requests and upload images/attachments through the Portal when first making a request. My help desk staff and administrators can reply with attachments and images in comments. If the Customer tries to upload an image or attachment in a comment, they get a gray box with "Failed to load". That seems like a permissions problem to me (if internal staff are able to upload fine), but I've double-checked all my permissions and they confirm that they allow uploading of attachments for "Service Project Customer - Portal Access" group/role. This happens across multiple users and browser types.

Also - I've made sure to disable the one add-on I have on my JIRA instance (JIRA spreadsheets connector) and that didn't solve the issue. 

Any ideas?

Screenshot.png 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2023

@Chris Hewes -

Hi Chris:

Welcome to the community.  There are a few things that you should check 

1) Ensure the Request Type form is not hidden from the portal.  Meaning that the Request Type was once previously not hidden, and issues were created via the request type.  Afterward, it was hidden from the portal.

2) Ensure the current configuration of the Request Type in question still have the "Attachment" field in the "Request Form" view.

3) Another key will be that make sure your Request Type is associated with the "[System] Service request" issue type.  It seems that when it is not, then the "Failed to load" issue will happened.  I am still trying to find out why at this time.

Last thing, I will let you know of my findings as I am submitting a vendor request for support on this issue.

Hope this helps.  Let me know of your findings.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Chris Hewes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 6, 2023

Thanks for the suggestions! 

1) Confirmed: never hidden. They're original default Request Types. 

2) Confirmed, still have Attachment field in Request Form view for all Request Types. 

3) I believe the Request Types are still associated with the default issue types:

Screenshot2.png

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2023

@Chris Hewes -

I will keep you updated with vendor's support case response.  Please stay tuned.

Best, Joseph

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2023

@Chris Hewes -

Just got an update from Atlassian Support on my support case as we were also able to repo the same issues a few weeks ago in our env too.

They have informed me that there was a system related bug that caused the problem.  However, they did rolled out a fix to it.  Even now, some clients are still facing the same problem here and there after the solution rolled out.

Here is the link to their actual BUG ticket - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-12336

I would recommend you add yourself as a watcher of the ticket.  

Hope this helps.  If my suggestion helped you, please remember to click on Accept answer button, so others with similar question will see the posting as a answered solution.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events