"Done" issues still shows as Unresolved

Özge Özgenç May 11, 2023

Hi

When I transition an issue to "Done" in my service management project, it still shows as Unresolved. How can I fix this? I am open to any suggestions. 

Thanks

2023-05-11 10_47_40-Edit - Sprint 2 - Evaluation II - Rapsodo IT - Confluence.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2023

Hi @Özge Özgenç

You have to make sure that there is a post function defined for the "Done" status in your workflow which sets the resolution (which is a separate field and not the same as the status):

resolution.png

After you've configured this, you need to consider that you also have to reset the resolution if it is possible to reopen tickets in your workflow.

Özge Özgenç May 11, 2023

Hi @Michel Neeser 

Thank you for your answer. I see I did not set that post function.

post1.png

When I click to add the post function, I couldn't see that selection. I am adding a screenshot can you also check which field should I set as a post function?

post-func.pngalso, I set the done transition as "Allow all statuses to transition to this one" as you did in your workflow. But also it did not work. Still the same selections.

Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2023

@Özge Özgenç If you choose the last option ("Update Issue Field"), you should be able to select the field "Resolution" and set the value to "Done" on the next screen.

Özge Özgenç May 11, 2023

I see now. Thank you a lot, I appreciate it. Have a nice day! 

Özge Özgenç May 11, 2023

@Michel Neeser Sorry for bothering you again, I have a last question. How can I reset the resolution? Old issues still show as unresolved. Is there a way to fix it? 

Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2023

@Özge Özgenç Unfortunately, there is no simple solution to this, as it is not possible to update the resolution with the bulk edit feature.

I would recommend to either follow this approach, or to configure a scheduled automation rule which you run only once (inspired by this post). The automation rule contains a JQL query which returns the issues you want to set the resolution on (red arrow) and edits the resolution field for all of them:

step1.png

step2.png

Like Özge Özgenç likes this
Özge Özgenç May 11, 2023

@Michel Neeser Automation worked. I am really grateful for your amazing help. Thank you!

Like Michel Neeser likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events