cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving from JSM Server to JSM Cloud: Cloud is just a piece of crap

Chris Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2022

Dear Atlassian,

we are on our way to migrate from our Jira Server infrastructure (Jira, Assets (Insight), Confluence) into the Cloud. You basically force your clients to do so. (BTW: cloud licenses are 30% (!) higher, than our Server licenses.)

In our JSM, we heavily rely on Assets. We do have 4 source systems providing 30+ objecttypes into Assets. In our Jira Server version, this works perfectly fine, in cloud, this is just a piece of crap. I have invested 60+ hours to figure out, to find the best way to get data into the cloud and I have paid ~10'000 USD to our Enterprise Service Bus Integration Partner to program the interfaces between our source systems and the Assets Rest API. We are not yet finished and not yet up and running.

The documentation of the Rest API is a good start, but there are a lot of very basic information missing. (Assets external imports workflow (atlassian.com))

We stumble accross one bug after another. This is very, very annoying. Our cloud move project is just a big waste of time.

List of bugs affecting us:

I fully understand that Atlassian has a very glossy marketing and that you would like to have customers, who live for your products. I was one of those - not anymore.

I don't want an appology, just stop your glossy marketing, get your ressources together and fix those bugs.

Chris, a very unhappy customer

1 comment

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2022
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events