cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

meaning of "Support group" category in Jira Assets

Maël Pégny
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 3, 2024

Hi everyone,

I am wondering what the meaning of the "Support group" entry is in Jira Assets.

A brief textual definition followed by a couple examples would be greatly appreciated.

I am familiar with ISO norm terminology for assets and I wonder in particular if Support group is similar to  ISO Support Level.

Thank you very much for your kind help,

Maël

1 answer

1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2024

Hi @Maël Pégny

Welcome to the community!

If you are referring to the attributes in the "Application" Objects under "Application Portfolio" noted below, it's just the Jira Group that supports that application.

support_groups.png

You can use that attribute to automatically tag the issue to notify that group or put it in their queue. 

The way you can use this is as follows:

- A customer creates an Incident with the jira asset field that represents the application "Apach-Spark". (A custom field may have be created for this if it doesn't exist)

- At creation, you can use jira automation to pick up the "support groups" content, "Web Services", from this application and then copy it to a custom field "Assigned Team" which is a group picker field.

- Then if you have Queue for "Web Services" filbered by the "Assigned Team" custom field it will appear on their queue. 

- You could have also have a notification in the automation to notify the group that a new ticket was created

I hope this helps.

Fabian

Maël Pégny
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 5, 2024

Thank you very much for your clear and detailed answer Fabian! This does very much help. Just one last follow-up question, that I cannot answer myself because my trial session just expired: are the people in your Jira group meant to be members of your company, or could an external organization be referred to as a support group? This question is meant to clarify where external support information is supposed to go.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events