cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking to fix email alias issue

fishern September 30, 2022

Hello community,

I'm hoping you can take a peak at this issue:

Issue - we have  users that can send in from their company email (eg. doej@company.com) or their alias (John.Doe@company.com). When they log into our Atlassian system they do so from the username account not the alias. If the user makes a ticket to our portal and then replies from the alias to the email generated from the system a new ticket is created. 

Solution - if the alias is added as the 'Request Participant' to the ticket, the new ticket creation stops and the user can reply from either email and comments are stored on the ticket. 

-------------------------

We are using Premium JSM and I'm curious as there is no way that Atlassian is allowing me to store 2 emails on a user profile to see if I can do a lookup/automation with Insights??

I have this setup in my sandbox, but I'm struggling on what component or automation to try to use to lookup/edit the request participant field. 

looking for any help here or alternate solution to my issue. 

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2022

Not something atlassian currently allows.

See

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-6403

for the feature request.

fishern September 30, 2022

exactly, why I'm trying to see if using a backdoor like using a list of known alias accounts in Insights would help as a reference. I have that in place but needing help to lookup and then place the person in the 'request participant' field.

Not sure if there are other addons or other alternate solutions too for something to help as well. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events