Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

login-free portal for Jira Service Management

Julieta Santesteban April 3, 2023

Hi Guys , !! 

I hope your are okey , Sorry I am really now here . 

I made a form but I would like to know if my clients need to be registered in the portal in order to fill it out or not.

I found this link that explains 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagement/introducing-the-login-free-portal-for-jira-service-management-1155497450.html#:~:text=To%20allow%20login-free%20access%20for%20your%20whole%20instance%3A,the%20help%20center%20without%20logging%20in%3F%2C%20select%20Yes. 

very kindly guides you to change settings.
But I can't find the first line ...

To allow login-free access for your whole instance:

1. Go to Administration > Applications. (I CAN NOT FIND IT) 

2. Under Jira Service Management, select Configuration.

3. Under Public signup, for Can customers sign up for an account, and raise requests by email?, select Yes.

4. Under Login-free portal, for Can customers raise requests from the help center without logging in?, select Yes.

Has anyone already done it in the past and can guide me? 

Thanks a lot ! 

Julieta 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

Hello @Julieta Santesteban 

The documentation you are referring to is for on-premise installation. Since you are asking about the cloud, I would suggest you take a look at this article:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-an-open-portal/

Is that what you are looking for?

Thanks a lot , yes ! 

This means that :

1- Any customer who does not have an email / account can fill out this form.

2- Clients can only see the form to fill it out but cannot see or interfere with the board.

That's correct, isn't it?

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

The best thing is to test it before communicating it to your customers. Use an InPrivate/Incognito browser to ensure cookies won't interfere.

Customers (the ones with a customer portal-only account) should never be able to access your products. They will use the help center to access the request types and fill in any connected forms. 

Boards are not a part of JSM but are a part of Jira Software. There currently is no way to expose Jira Software to customers. 

Thanks !! 

Daniel Tomberlin August 22, 2023

Is this available with all JSM Cloud pricing tiers (Free, Standard, etc.)?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events