Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to enable SAML SSO using JIRA DC helm chart

vinay September 13, 2022

Hello Team,

I have installed jira-service-management on GKE cluster using jira DataCenter helm chart following the procedure given at  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Install-Jira-Service-Management-via-Helm-Chart/qaq-p/1875281

its up and running. 
Now i want to configure SAML SSO but i could only find below link that describes the procedure using jira GUI only, is it possible to do it through helm chart ? 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/saml-sso-for-jira-data-center-applications-938847031.html

1 answer

0 votes
Artur Moura
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2022

Hey @vinay

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Are you planning to spin up a fresh instance and also configure the SSO at the same process?

The SSO configuration can be configured only via Jira UI, there is no option to setup via a configuration file or manipulate directly the database.

isher October 12, 2023

Hi @Artur Moura ,

Is SSO configuration still works only under the UI since a year has passed? Is there a plan to develop it tracked in Jira?

And also does it applies only to Jira or all Atlassian apps configured this way?

Thanks!

Artur Moura
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2023

Hi @isher

I'm afraid there isn't yet a supported method to create an SSO configuration via Helm Chart.

I can't see any plans in this direction. 

Would you please share a use case for it? I'm asking as SSO configuration is a post-install step where Jira should be up and running already. If you are updating or migrating a Jira instance to a K8s environment, this should be configured already if you had this configuration previously.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events