Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

integrate JSM Assets data into an external website and vice versa?

Ran Mor Gen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 23, 2024

I would like to build a website as a frontend and integrate JSM Assets data from the CMDB.

For example:

Our CMDB has an Object Schema with many objects, attributes etc.

For that, I would like to display and be able to edit that information through an external website. I guess I'll need to build a JSM app to get / set the data through a technical user account with an API token and integrate that app with an iframe into a website?

Appreciate everything that points into the right direction :)

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Kuan Yi Ming _ServiceRocket_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2024

Hi Adrian,

You can retrieve your asset details by the following method:

1) With your API token for authentication, find the workspace ID using the GET /rest/servicedeskapi/assets/workspace API call.

2) The assets can be retrieved via the Objects API here: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/assets/rest/api-group-object/

Regards
Yi Ming

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2024

@Ran Mor Gen -

Welcome to the community.  I am glad that @Kuan Yi Ming _ServiceRocket_ suggestion worked out for your ask.  Beside using custom REST APIs programming, you may also want to check out to see if there are any third party add-ons from Atlassian Marketplace which can give you the functionality and reduce the complexity on your development to achieve your goal - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=jira-service-management&query=Assets

Hope this also helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS