Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insight jira cloud does not automatically update linked fields

Consulente Atlassian August 22, 2022

I am using jira service management cloud and insight. I created three Insight objects are lists. I then created three custom fields associated with each of these objects: customField 1 associated with Publishers, customfield 2 associated with Authors, and customfield 3 associated with books. all three custom fields are drop-down list type with single choice. I would like to make it so that when the first customfield value is chosen, in the form on the customer portal, the linked values are updated accordingly. For example, if chosen author Dante Alighieri, I would like to see in the books custom field the titles of his books and in the publisher custom field the list only of publishers associated with the books of author Dante Alighieri. This does not happen automatically, I have to click on the secondary custom fields each time to see the list updated, otherwise the previous choice remains visible. Is this a bug or how to do it ?

1 answer

4 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

Hi @Consulente Atlassian - You are correct that this is current behavior and I see that someone raised a suggestion here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-10921

It was raised a little under a year ago and only has a few votes thus far so I recommend voting/watching it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events