cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inline images in Description displaying as text

Ingrid Heitmann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2023

Background:

We have an external support vendor that is our 1st contact point for our customers. If our vendor cannot fix issue, an email will be sent into our JSM project so that we can follow up the ticket. All communication between our JSM project and vendors ticketing system is email-based

Our problem:

For some of these tickets generated from our vendor, we get errors in displaying the images attached to the email (they are included as inline attachments in description field). After a deep-dive into vendors ticketing system we see the following:

1. in the actual email handler, all attachments are showing just fine (outlook)
  2. in JSM however;
    1. either the image will show perfectly in the tickets OR
    2. the image will be replaced with text
  3. In our bug-fixing efforts our vendor has found that the images vary on content-Type:
    1. some of the images have Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8, others
    2. Content-Type: multipart/mixed
  4. With further searches here in Community and bug portal I see several mentions of Jira not accepting Base64 images. Is this the issue we are facing here as well?

We, naturally, want all attached images to show in our tickets and we are desperate in debugging this issue. However, we cannot seem to figure out a solution.

So, is there anyone that has experienced this same issue, is our hypothesis regarding different content-type correct and what can we do to resolve this issue?

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 10.58.51.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nahuel Logghe May 14, 2024

I'm having the same issue. After a few tests, I discovered that the same message, with the same images, sometimes is displayed correctly with the proper images and sometimes are translated as a text string and therefore cutting the message by exceeding the character limit. 

This happens randomly. Did you find any fix? Has anyone had the same issue?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events