Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

improve searching capabilities for portal users

Katherine Stevens April 25, 2023

Hello!

My clients that open a lot of tickets are looking for better searching performance in the portal.  Is there a way to give them the ability to search for tickets using JQL?  Is there something in the marketplace that has better searching capabilities for end users?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Katherine Stevens April 26, 2023

Right now they need to be able to search by tickets opened in the last x days.  Additionally, they would like to see if their tickets have been linked to other tickets. 

I'll gather some additional information for you.  Thanks!

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2023

Improved search would be nice, but JQL is not really the answer for customers. 

JQL looks at issues, the items behind the customer requests that hold a lot more detail for the Agents to work with.  JQL for requests would not add much for the customers because they don't usually have access to the issues it can search.

The Scriptrunner team looked at implementing the "advanced search" to work with requests, but ran into the question of "what can we actually add to the (request/customer) search?" and never really got any clear thing that they could add.

Atlassian are also, like everyone else, all over using AI for this sort of stuff, so we may see that creeping into customer searches soon.

But I'm fishing for more information here - I'm trying to answer the question SR people have so they might find a reason to do Advanced search in requests.

What sort of searches are you looking for?  If I can feed that to them, we might get something in SR that can help! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events