Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i trying to convert a sub task to an incident

Mahathi Kaareddy April 24, 2023

Hi,

Is there any way to convert a sub task to incident or an incident to subtask? If yes please help me with the solution.

Thanks

1 answer

2 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

Hi @Mahathi Kaareddy , welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Assuming that you have subtask issue types associated with your project, then this is possible:

• Click on the 3 dots at the top right of your issue, then either select Convert to Subtask or Convert to Issue, depending on what issue you are currently viewing
  • You will need to then select the issue type for this conversion on the next page
    • When converting to a subtask, you will need to select the parent issue for which you would like this subtask to sit under
  • After you have moved the subtask to a normal issue, you may then need to add a value for the Request Type field if you want to turn it into a service management request rather than just a regular issue.
  • Note that when converting your issue to another issue type, if the fields associated with these issue types are different then some of the fields/data may be hidden from the screen

Hope this helps!

Mahathi Kaareddy April 26, 2023

Hi @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ 

Thank you so much for the answer but i am sorry that the actual question is there any way to convert a sub task to incident or an incident to subtask through JIRA Rest API? If yes please help me with the solution.

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Hi @Mahathi Kaareddy 

Unfortunately it is not possible to do this through the API - see this related feature request (I assume it's also not possible to convert a subtask to an issue through the Rest API, though I could not find a feature request for this).

There are actually some comments on that ticket though with some suggested workarounds so you could always give one of these a try, though keep in mind that these comments have not been added by members of Atlassian

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events