Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to track if someone delete the issue in JSM

MII Dewi September 16, 2022

Hi, All.

I have a question, how to track what the agent did on JSM like if one of the agent delete the issue where can I track it? because, I only find the audit log as general not the detail when someone purposely delete some issue. thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 16, 2022

Hi @MII Dewi 

There is no way to track or store deleted issues with built-in functionality, so it's recommended not to delete issues and restrict permission to delete only for admins. But it sometimes happens that users delete tickets by accident. That's why my team developed an option to keep deleted issues with the Issue History for Jira add-on. 

The storing process is started after activating the function. So you can try it to avoid any similar accidents in the future. 

How to store the deleted issues in JIra.png

0 votes
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2022

Hi @MII Dewi ,

I don't know if there are log options.

I do know that you can create an Automation rule with the trigger "Issue deleted".
Is this an option for your case?

regards, Marco

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events