cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to overwrite imported asset

백재현_DevOps November 21, 2023

I'm using Asset very well

and I want to import CSV file to my asset project

but everytime I import data, the data will be appended.

I don't want it to be appended.

I want to overwrite with its key.

How do I make it?

thanks

1 answer

2 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2023

Hi!

On Prepare your data for importing into Assets  you will read:

If you are importing objects from a CSV file into Assets, you must identify the objects by the attribute that is assigned as a Label, not their Name or Key.

So make sure the column that contains the unique identifier for each object is the label of your object type. You can change/ verify the label of the object type by editing the object type attributes.

I hope this helps!

Bradlie Bennett May 6, 2024

I have tried this, and can't get it to work.  It continues to create "new" object attributes "number", and doesn't override the existing ones. To be clear, let me explain more.  I have a Jira Service Management Object Schema called Company, with CO as it's Key for the Schema.  I also created an Object Type called Company, so objects under the Company object type have a key of CO-1, CO-2, CO-3, etc.  Now, attributes I create in the Company Object type also have a unique Key assigned for each of the attributes.  For example, when I created it, it first created 4 attributes, Namely Key, Name, Created, & Updated, each with a Key of 200, 201, 202, & 203 respectively.  I have since created many more attributes, so now the key numbering is well over 500.  What I want to do, is import a new/clean set of attributes into the Object Type, overriding the 200, 201, 202, & 203, etc Key fields so I can associate each attribute with the key I want, like 1001, 1002, 1003, etc.  I'm not working with the Object Key of CO-1, CO-2, etc, rather I'm working with the Key associated with the Object Type Attribute.  Is this possible to do?

Bradlie Bennett May 6, 2024

To clarify my above post a bit more.  I recognize now that it's not exactly what Charlie Misonne is referring to, as he is referring to Objects associated with Object Types, and I'm referring to Object Type Attributes, and their Keys.  So, after I posted the above, I did additional research, and I really don't think there is very good options if any at all, in Jira Service Management (Assets) to export Object Type "metadata" / Attributes.  Man, I miss ServiceNow.  :-( 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events